Friday, May 14, 2010

My Story

Hello, My Name is Dina. I am first generation Canadian, coming from a old school Italian family. Both my parents were born and raised in Italy and moved to Canada in their 20s. I have always felt stuck between two cultures (I am sure many can relate). In Canada I am a Italian and when I would go to Italy I was the American...yes that's right they refer to all North Americans as Americans. When I was growing up at home I felt like I was living in Italy and the minute I stepped out the door I was in Canada. It was not easy but I would not change a thing, I feel like I had the best of both worlds. Even though things in life might seem like the hardest thing ever, the truth is it is all happening for a reason and it is your choice as to what you will make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment