Friday, July 2, 2010

Dinner With Dina / Ricotta filled Shells



I have always had a passion for food. I love cooking almost as much as I love eating. Growing up I spent a lot of time in the kitchen, Italian women live in their kitchen. Nine out of ten times I visit my Mom she is in the Kitchen prepping or cooking. There were a few dishes that my Mom would make once in a while and were worth getting excited for. One of my all time favorites were Ricotta filled Shells, this dish is supper easy to put together and cook. First off boil 400g of jumbo pasta shells to el dente, these shells will bake again so you want to be sure not to overcook. Also get some plain tomato sauce cooking, you want to spice up the sauce, sauté veggies if you like but I find a simple sauce works best. While your shells and sauce are cooking add full tub of ricotta cheese (500g roughly) table spoon of sugar, one egg and a good size bunch of Italian parsley all together in a bowl. Try it makes sure it taste great, but do not eat too much you are going to want to fill up as many shells as possible. Once pasta is cooked, let it cool down and get ready to fill. Find an oven dish with a lip because you will want to fill shells and place them side by side. Once completed this task, use a spoon to cover shells with tomato sauce and top of with mozzarella and parmigiano cheese, and it is ready to be baked. Preheat oven to 350-400F and allow cheese to melt and brown on top. Once this is complete take out of oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.You might have left over pasta shells so you can make a pasta el forno dish for another day. Mix pasta with sauce, top with cheese and bake untill cheese is brown. Bon appétit it is time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment